Monday, November 5, 2012

The Gratitude Project 2012 - Day 5

Today the kids and I cleaned the house. Since I have no carpet in my house, it doesn't take long to get dust bunnies all over my house. And they seem to multiply overnight! One thing in this life I really hate to do is clean house. HATE IT!! I feel like there are just so many other things in life that I could be doing and actually ENJOYING, like schooling my kids, being in my garden, planning children's church stuff, or even getting a root canal! All of those would be better than stirring up the dust storm that always comes when I sweep. But I am reminded, in the midst of all that dust and laundry and dishes, just how thankful I am. I am thankful I have a house to clean. I am thankful God has given us a place to lay our heads each night out of the cold and rain and whatever. I am thankful that I have all those floors to sweep, because that means we LIVE in our house and enjoy life. That means I have kids who love playing outside in our woods and always forget to take their shoes off when they come in. It means I have a husband who leaves for work every day to provide for us, and comes in with dirt on his shoes. I am thankful for the roof over our heads and the pillows under our heads. I am thankful that my house is always noisy (for better or worse!), because that means we talk to each other and enjoy being together. It means I have 2 little ones who like to play together and drag their toys out all over that floor I just swept. I am thankful for the mountain of laundry, because that means we have been blessed with clothes to wear, most of which are hand-me-downs from great people that God has sent our way. And I am thankful for the sink full of dishes (and counter full), because that means we have enough food to eat and thus we have dishes to wash. God has blessed our family beyond measure. As much as I still hate cleaning - HATE IT! - I am seriously so very thankful for this house to clean. Oh, and one more thing. I'm thankful that God has given me four little helpers who make the job a little quicker and a little more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess