Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Gratitude Project 2012 - Day 4

Today is Sunday. So what am I thankful for today?? Well church, of course!! I LOVE going to God's house on Sunday mornings. For as long as I can remember, Sunday mornings have been a part of my life. But this day, I have more reason to be thankful. A few months ago, God called Brient and I to a new church. We had been serving at a church just up the road from us for the last several years, and God told us He had a new assignment for us. So in September of this year, we moved to our new church and began work. I am so thankful God allows us to join Him in His work. The older I get, the more I realize that, as Paul said, in me there is no good thing. I am constantly amazed at the fact that He chooses to use ME in His plans. For that, I am thankful. I am so thankful that the pastor at this church saw something in me that I didn't even see in myself. He hired me as the children's pastor, and began immediately investing in my growth in that role. I am thankful for his support and encouragement. I am thankful that he is pushing me to go beyond what I have done up to this point. I am thankful for the vision that he has for this children's ministry. There are about 20 volunteers working under me, and I can't even begin to say how thankful I am for each and every one of them!! So many children's ministers talk of how hard it is to find volunteers, but in coming to this church, there were already volunteers in place. These people want to see the Kingdom of God grow through kids! They are excited, happy to be there, eager to do whatever it takes to reach kids, and FAITHFUL! There are really no words to say how thankful I am for there hard work and commitment! I am THRILLED to be able to work with them and better equip them for ministry to kids! Beyond words thankful!! And today, I am thankful that I had the opportunity to sing in the praise band. They were short quite a few people today, so they asked if I would help out. It has been over a year since I have sung in church. There are some great people who sing up there, and I was honored and humbled that they even asked me to join them. Church. I am so thankful for the body of Christ. And since God called us to a new place, I am so thankful that He is allowing us to serve at such with such a great body. "And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near." ~Hebrews 10:25

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess