Friday, November 16, 2012

The Gratitude Project 2012 - Day 16

Oh my word, today was lovely! God gave us a chilly but sunny fall day to enjoy as a family. Hubby took off work today, because we had some prep work to do at church in the children's room before we give it a new coat of paint tomorrow. We took all the kids with us, and it ended up being a very great family day!

I was so thankful for the time we all spent together working in that room, pitching in where each could, looking toward a common goal. Even the baby was able to help hold my scissors and tape until I needed it. It was awesome to look around and see all six of us taping up the walls, laying paper on the floor, and each taking a turn at priming the wall. If we had not all pitched in, we would be nowhere near as far as we are. Now, tomorrow morning, we can walk in with the group of team members who have agreed to help paint, and we can immediately start rolling the walls. YAY! Very thankful!

And I was thankful that all four of my kids went outside and helped me pick up pecans while Brient was working on the room. I told the little ones that it was like hunting for Easter eggs, so that made it a really fun game. Because of the help of all four of them, we have plenty of pecans to put in our freezer for the next year. In the Deep South, you only get these golden gems once a year, so I always try to stock my freezer. And I was very thankful that I was given permission to pick up pecans at the church! Very thankful!!

And at this very moment, I am thankful for a warm house and a comfy bed, because my back is KILLING ME after picking up pecans for about two hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess