Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Gratitude Project 2012 - Day 15

Today was pretty much a carry over from yesterday. A day that I just wanted to stay in bed with my head under the covers. I am weary. Very weary. Life has me completely spent, empty. It's not just one thing that has me feeling this way. It's everything - all at once! So today, I'm looking for joy and being thankful in the little things, because, seriously, there is no big thing today.

Where to start... I made more homemade hot chocolate with my kids this morning to enjoy while we read history again. I absolutely love that time of the day! All my kids are around the table (except the baby who goes to play while we read, because she's bored with history), and we all are spending that thirty minutes or so together. Love being with them!

Britches and I worked together on her new micro-business of making and selling beeswax candles. She has been working hard to clean out and melt down some wax that my sweet friend, Amy, gave her, and today we finished the cleaning process. I had the chance to talk to her about how cleaning and purifying the wax was a lot like how God works with us. He keeps pouring us through the filter to get out more impurities. And even when we look pretty good, God looks at us closer and sees that there is still more sin and self that needs to be filtered out of our hearts. And when He finishes with us, we, like the wax, are a beautiful color, are smooth and lovely, and are now USEABLE! I am very thankful for God moments that I have with each of my kids to share with them about Almighty God and His great love for them. A love that takes the time to search their hearts, try them, and see that there is no unclean thing in them. No, none of us will ever get to the point of perfection until we reach heaven, but I'm so thankful that God never gives up on making us more like His Son, Jesus Christ. Very thankful for that!

It was a beautiful, crisp fall day in the Deep South, and I was thankful that my two middle kids were able to get outside and play for awhile. They love being outside, and they were having fun making a leaf pile.

I am thankful for the few moments I had to just sit in the recliner with my youngest and play a memory game on my tablet. She's getting so big (just turned four) and so smart.

And I'm thankful I had some time today to sit and sink myself into a good book that I recently downloaded for FREE (thankful for that!), Hope for the Weary Mom. It has been exactly what I needed right now in my life. It's more like a devotional book than just a reading book, and I have gotten so much out of it. I'm thankful to know I'm not the only person in this world struggling with weariness.

And in just a little while, I will be thankful for the gluten free biscuit recipe that I found a few weeks ago as I sink my teeth into some comfort food loaded with some homemade pear butter or jelly - maybe two biscuits so I can have both! Eating a gluten free diet STINKS, and there are days I just want to throw my hands up and be done. But since this isn't exactly a "diet" that I'm just doing to lose weight or something, I actually have to stick with it. Unless, of course, I want to end up sick for the next week. So I am very thankful for the recipes I have found that actually TASTE GOOD, because, really, not all of them are worth more than going in the TRASH!

So that's my day. Being thankful in the little things over here. And praying for a better day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess