Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Gratitude Project 2012 - Day 1

Today is November 1, 2012. This marks the third year that I have participated in The Gratitude Project. If you haven't heard of it before today, go right now and check out the details. I blogged about it two years ago here.

I seriously had to think about whether or not I was going to do The Gratitude Project this year. Things have been so crazy at my house, and honestly, I have just not been feeling very "grateful." There is stress in my life in every area imaginable, and some days it's all I can do to look beyond those stresses. I have had no time or desire to write in months, and I knew if I committed to this, it would mean writing daily. But as I thought about all those things, I realized that this is EXACTLY the time that I need to be focusing on those things for which I am grateful. In this life, it can be so easy to look only at the things that will bring you down. But the Bible says in Colossians 3:2...

"Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth."

So again this year I will be taking the challenge to be intentionally grateful for the things God has placed in my life, those things He has taken out of my life, the people He allows me to live life with, and all other good things that are from Him.

Today, on this first day of November, I am reminded how great is my God. I serve a BIG God who loves me just the way I am. He meets me in my weakness, and covers me with His great grace. When I think about the "self" I am, I am left in amazement that my God would even choose to love me, let alone use me for His service. I am humbled to be a part of His work. I am so grateful for my God's saving grace. I am so grateful for second chances (and third and fourth). I am so grateful for forgiveness and redemption. And I am so grateful that my God loves me enough not to leave me as I am, but continues to sift all the sinfulness from my heart so I can become more like His perfect Son, Jesus. For those things, I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess